Fundamental changes in public life in Ukraine violated the traditional system of organisation and financing of scientific studies. There was a necessity to create new structures that could partially fill this gap. For this purpose, with the initiative of the Faculty of History of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv and the employees of the Institute of Archaeology of NAS of Ukraine and public organisations in November 1997 was established public association “Society of Archaeology and Anthropology”.
The publication of this issue became one of the first actions of Society. The collection of authors has mainly formed of researchers who have enough experience of working in science and many scientific publications. The issue also contains studies of young scientists who just have started their scientific path.
“The Society of Archaeology and Anthropology” considers making the issue «Vita Antiqua» periodical. We do not plan to restrict topics of an issue. Any question on archaeology and anthropology may be published in the following issues of Society.
Read preview our journal:001va01-titul
Download full version:journalofva1999
01. Ryzhov, S. SOME ASPECTS OF LITHIC PROCESSING ON MALYI RAKOVETS IV MOUSTERIAN SITE IN TRANSCARPATHIA, 3-16.
02. Stepanchuk, V. MIDDLE PALAEOLITHIC OF CRIMEA. INDUSTRIAL TRADITIONS OF WURM TIME: THE VARIETY OF MANIFESTATIONS, POSSIBLE CAUSES OF VARIABILITY, 17-28.
03. Gladkykh, M. ANCIENT ARCHITECTURE BY THE PALAEOLITHIC ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOURCES, 29-34.
04. Ryndiuk, N., Skakun, N. THE NEW FINDS OF ANTHROPOMORPHIC FIGURINES IN BOLGRAD-ALDENI II, 35-40.
05. Pioro, V. THE NEW FINDS OF THE ANTHROPOMORPHOUS STELAE AND THE CROMLEHS FROM THE BARROWS OF THE PIT GRAVE CULTURE IN STEPPISH UKRAINE, 41-44.
06. Malieiev, Yu., Konoplia, V. MULTI-LAYER SETTLEMENT BLYSCHANKA ON SERET RIVER, 45-58.
07. Samoilenko, L. THE BARROW OF MIDDLE AND LATE BRONZE AGE NEAR THE VILLAGE ZATYSHNE OF THE LUHANSK REGION, 59-62.
08. Antonenko, B. CLAY FIGURINES FROM CATACOMB BURIAL, 63-64.
09. Zelenko, S. WORKS OF UNDERWATER-ARCHAEOLOGICAL EXPEDITION OF TARAS SHEVCHENKO UNIVERSITY OF KYIV ON THE SOUTH CRIMEA COAST IN 1991-1995, 65-70.
10. Sorokopud, S., Filipenko, A. ABOUT THE UNDERWATER-ARCHAEOLOGICAL SURVEYS IN SEBASTOPOL AREA IN 1993-1994, 71-74.
11. Pioro, I. GOTHS IN MOUNTAIN CRIMEA, 75-80.
12. Komar, O. THE SARMATIANS OF ROS AREA AND “SOUTHERN” THEORY OF RUS’ ORIGIN, 81-88.
13. Androschuk, F. TO THE DATING OF PETERSEN-51 SCANDINAVIAN BUCKLES, 89-94.
14. Osadchyi, R., Filiuk, O. THE SETTLEMENT OF XI-XIII CENTURIES NEAR VILLAGE OF SOFIIVSKA BORSCHAHIVKA IN KYIV REGION, 95-98.
15. Liniova, Ye. THE PRECONDITIONS AND THE HISTORY OF ORIGIN OF UKRAINIAN ARCHAEOLOGY, 99-106.
16. Omelchenko, Yu. PRE-MUSEUM FORMS OF ACCUMULATION AND USE OF HISTORICAL-CULTURAL VALUES, 107-115.